I know it’s been a while since I last posted something here, but I’ve been very busy lately with the Christmas holidays, which were amazing and exam period. I can officially say I had my LAST first semester exams and they went great, so hopefully I will be graduating from college next June.
I just arrived from a week of holidays in Warsaw, Poland, visiting my beloved friends I made during my Erasmus in Lisbon last year. I had an incredible time: explored the city, tried a lot of Vodka flavors and as we call it, “vegetabled” a lot together. “Na zdrowie!” and “wódka proszę!” are just some of the quotes that summarize the amazing stories I created from my experience there. Can’t wait for our next reunion together, this time in Lisbon!
Only 105 days left from today for my Disney Adventure to begin, so I promise that from now on I will do my best to update the blog more frequently.
The Disney Cultural Exchange Program is an opportunity to spend your Summer working in the most magical place on Earth! It’s an International Internship Program sponsored and operated by The Walt Disney Company that allows students from all over the world to work in paid positions during their school break at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university.
There are various roles available for those who apply. Here’s a list and small description of them:
- Attractions: operating or monitoring guest flow in one of the Theme Parks.
- Character Attendant:accompaning and assisting Disney Character Performers and engage with guests throughout the parks.
- Character Performer: creating magical moments for guests.
- Costuming: issue costumes and operating a computerized costume checkout system.
- Custodial: keeping the park clean and safe.
- Full Service Food & Beverage: greeting and seating guests in dinning areas.
- Housekeeping: make the guests feel right at home by keeping the resort rooms clean and tidy.
- Lifeguard: help the guests from all around the world enjoy the spectacular water features.
- Main Entrance: welcoming people from around the world; you’ll be the first ones they meet.
- Merchandise: demonstrate and sell Disney Products to guests.
- Recreation: assist guests in recreational areas.
- Resort Bell Services: greeting guests at resorts or assigning luggage deliveries.
[TO BE CONTINUED].
If you’re in this blog you’re either a family member/friend (in which case you should already know WHY I decided I wanted to work for Disney) or you’re a Disney Freak like me and would like some information about the process.
You might also be here to simply enjoy the experience with me!
For those who don’t know, here’s why I decided to apply…
Since I was very young, my parents have provided me with the happiest of childhoods and have given me the opportunity to enjoy Disney World most of my Summers. This has obviously made me love Disney in every single way and has made me want to get involved more and more as I’ve grown older. As a graduate in University studying Advertising and Public Relations, I feel very attracted to the process of creating and constructing a brand. I love learning about how a small idea achieved to become one of the biggest companies in the world and I believe that working for Disney is a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity that will teach me insights on gaining a new perspective in my study area.
I admire Disney’s principles on how to run the company; the attention they give to the customer, the commitment with people and the search of innovation and creativity, and want to learn more about it.
I’m looking forward to starting my new adventure as a Cast Member in Disney World, Orlando and can not wait to let you all know about my everyday experiences!
Hi everyone! Let me introduce myself…
My name’s Laura, I was born in Gran Canaria, Spain, 22 years ago, but I’m currently living in Madrid, where I’m a graduate at the Complutense University in Advertising and Public Relations.
I decided to write this blog because I’m a Disney Freak who will be working as a Cast Member in Disney World, Orlando, next Summer 2014. The purpose of this blog is therefore to keep my family and friends posted on my experiences while I’m there and, hopefully, provide help to anyone who is willing to apply in the future.
I will be posting the whole application process and will describe my entire adventure in Neverland as soon as I arrive to the most magical place on Earth!